The Father and the Son

Sydney's weather today was that of a perfect summer's day. What made it more perfect was that my husband Raj finally found the time to spend about an hour in the golf driving range with our eight year old son, Rafael. Just the two of them - Mum and little brother were not there.

When Rafael came back to the place where they left me to do some tasks, he looked a bit exhausted. But I could see in his eyes a feeling of pride and inner joy. His face beamed as he smiled shyly. As if saying, "Papa spent some time with me, just me! My day rocks!"

Rafael wanted to get his own set of clubs, hoping perhaps that he will spend more time with Papa. Just him and Papa in the big boys arena: the driving range. For now.

Raj is always strict with him. But today was different. It was bonding time. Let's have more summer days. And even more bonding time between the father and the son.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas: Is it really for children?

Abundant Life of a Christian Birthday Celebrant

LENT: Time to Deepen Faith