Life: This is it!

On a Friday late afternoon, I prepared all the necessary documentation and updates for the following Monday. I went home very pleased with myself that everything will be ready and smooth when the School (which I'm managing) starts again on Monday.

On a Sunday evening, I had a terrible headache that I was not able to check up on my son all the things and homework that had to be submitted on the Monday. So, the next day, although I got up early, I needed some time to do the things that may have not been done the day before. And yes, nothing has been done after I went to bed. So, everyone was quite frantic that morning and, needless to say, I was late for my morning train.

On my way to the office, I still had that feeling that everything will be smooth and quiet as I have prepared everything on Friday.

Lo and behold! The School was flooded! All the students were waiting for me at the Church foyer. All of our classrooms located at the basement had their carpets stripped. You only have the bare concrete with sticky rubber glues on them. Not safe for walking. So, the classes on these rooms had to be relocated.

One class missed their schedule as no room was ready for them. Every hour, we had to guide the students to another replacement room for the three rooms that were badly affected.

As I pondered on these events, I could not help but see that parallelism of this event, with that of life itself. When we think that everything is smoothly prepared for us, a good job, a nice house, two cars, a cool family, then something out of the ordinary happens. Then, everything changes.

I did not complain nor was I bitter about the weakness and disadvantage of our location. I could only smile knowing that this is life. Just when you thought everything will be just fine, something rocks the boat. Something moves us out of our comfort zone. Something brings a storm.

Aside from feeling a bit tired talking and moving people and going up and down the lift, I felt at peace inside me. There was inner peace. There was even joy that God teaches us in many different ways. And this flood is one of them.

So, whatever happens, we have to be ready what to do next and how to react in the most appropriate way. The most important thing in life is to prepare yourself and learn how to react to unexpected circumstances. But then, no matter how much you prepare, I reckon that only the strength of your character can make a difference in the type of ride you will be having in life: smooth or rough.


Enjoy the ride!



Ros

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LENT: Time to Deepen Faith

Christmas: Is it really for children?

Abundant Life of a Christian Birthday Celebrant