One Fruitful Rainy Day



One rainy day looked more fruitful than any other day.

In the morning, I had the opportunity of gathering almost 20 ladies to a retreat – reflecting on spirituality and their spiritual growth journey.

During breaks, I had the chance to meet again a fellow parishioner who is an ex-refugee and talked about a possible catch up cuppa.

Also, during a session, another lady called to ask for a carnival schedule and for some more details of the job vacancy I sent her for her unemployed husband.

I spoke to another lady wanting help in encouraging her husband to be confident in sharing during faith group discussions and the possibility of including him in leadership training and formation programs.

After attending Mass, I met again a lady I haven’t seen for a long time, who is not baptised yet.  I was able to suggest to her to look at joining the church and affirmed her that it is not a very difficult process.

When I arrived home, a long time friend who is on Facebook messaged me about her need for help in order to take her son for an all important lung scan.

The day looked like a very clear sign of a mission call. And I have to respond.

So, on this day, I ask the Lord to continue to provide me with all that I need in order to support these ladies who are sent to me. I pray for strength, renewed energy and vital resources to alleviate their burdens and nudge them forward on their spiritual journey.

In communion,

Ros   



PHOTO CREDIT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas is

LENT: Time to Deepen Faith

Abundant Life of a Christian Birthday Celebrant