Goals Review

Like life, we would like to end our year on a good note. If you made a list of things you wanted to do this year, may that be a goals list, a New Year’s resolution or just a simple list of what you planned to do this year, have a look at it again today. Have you already done some or most of those things on the list?

Early in the year, I created a 4-Pronged Goals List for myself. The 4 areas in life that I wanted to focus on this year. Spiritual Development, Creative Development, Financial Development and Family Relationships Development. As I try to develop these areas, I also planned to focus on 2 main values: Patience and an Inner Life. Although I like to plan my year, I also want to be open to where God leads me. I believe that this year, God has helped me and my family tremendously, although sometimes not according to our plan. But His own plan in His own time.

How about you? How has God touched, changed or disturbed your life this year? Have you touched someone’s life? At Christmas time, it is our chance to touch people’s lives, especially those around us who need us. It is easy to donate to a charity, however, we are all called and challenged to reach out and touch someone. To make someone’s life or someone’s day better. It is not too late. It doesn’t matter whether we are in our late forties or late eighties. We are still alive. We still have the chance to do things for others.

Let us use our resources, not just financial but spiritual — that inner desire to love and reach out. It is never easy. We need to be courageous. We need God’s grace and courage to do something.


Take care.

Ros

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LENT: Time to Deepen Faith

Christmas: Is it really for children?

Abundant Life of a Christian Birthday Celebrant