In Gratitude: Of Friends, Relatives and God’s Presence



After spending three weeks reconnecting with relatives and friends,
I feel so refreshed, renewed, loved, important, happy and accepted;
The encounters strengthened my self-esteem and self confidence.
It motivated me to value myself more and be more grateful
for all that I am,
all that I have,
and all that I do.

I feel more vibrant, more hopeful and more energetic.
I am more motivated to be the best of whoever I am.

I feel healthier, even though I had increased blood pressure.
I feel happier, even though I missed my family so much.
I feel wealthier, even though I spent more than was budgeted.

Relationships rekindled were like opium of the soul.
I still feel like I am on cloud nine.
I feel great!
I feel accepted.
I feel I am right.

Joyfulness and fulfillment fill my days.
I believe God was there.
The Lord was present wherever I was.

He was there when fear gripped me.
He was there when I enjoyed the pleasant trips.
He was there when I was sad because I felt I lacked faith.
He was there when I missed my family.
He was there when I was asked to pray;
God was there.
I felt so close to God where ever I went.

I felt God’s love when I experienced love and respect from my relatives.
I felt God’s presence when I saw the beauty of nature all around me.
I felt God’s love enveloping me as I took on my fear of flying.
I felt God’s joy when I met relatives I have not seen for a long time.
I felt God’s peace when I was talking to friends I have not been in contact with for decades.
I experienced God’s acceptance when friends invited me to spend time with them.
Yes, God’s love followed me everywhere.

And I thank God,
For never leaving me,
Even when I was traveling alone.
God always made me feel His presence.

I am truly grateful!

-------


I was inspired to jot down these friendship quotes while reminiscing:

“A quality friendship demands quality focus.”

“Rekindled friendships often last much longer.”

“Long distance friendship is not impossible
if you keep on refueling it with constant contact.” 

“Reconnecting with old friends regularly,
can always make you happy.”

“Old friendships are part of your wonderful past;
If they remain in your mind and heart,
They’ll satisfy your present,
And fill your future with joy.”

“No matter how fulfilling old friendships are,
You should never stop creating new ones.”

 


All the best!

Ros

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LENT: Time to Deepen Faith

Christmas is

Christians