God Alone Suffices

"Nothing can trouble,
Nothing can frighten;
Those who seek God,
Shall never go wanting;
God alone fills us.'
- Chant from Taize by Jacques Berthier

(1923-94)
Words from St. Teresa of Avila.
(c)1982 Ateliers et Presses de Taize

When I lived at an ecumenical community in the little town of Taize in France, one of my favourite chants was "Nada Te Turbe," which is basically the Spanish translation of the chant above.

But, during my recent trip overseas, I reflected that there are still

situations that scare me. And some things in this world still trouble
me. I am a long way from imitating St Teresa of Avila. Let alone, 
imitating Jesus.

As I am blessed with another year, I will continue to strive to live 

a life of abundance, wherein I would not want anything more because God will provide me with all my needs. And having God alone in my life would be enough.

This is a tall order for us considering that we may feel responsible 

for a few people. However, with the guidance of the Holy Spirit, it is not impossible to reach this phase in our spiritual lives. Yes, I 
believe that God alone can fill us. God alone is enough.





 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LENT: Time to Deepen Faith

Christmas is

The Seed on Good Soil